Saturday 8 November 2014

Printing and back in business!


Since coming back to Northern Ireland and completing my degree, it's taken me more time than I'd like to get back to working on projects and drawing but things are starting to settle down now. My formal graduation ceremony will take place in a couple of weeks back in Middlesbrough. Sadly, my laptop has been off with Dell for 5 weeks since the start of October for repairs and my digital painting practice has been suffering. On the other hand, I'm back 100% at the weekly life drawing classes and a new stone lithography class run by the Belfast Print Workshop.

Over the next five week's I'll be able to document my (likely eventful) journey of learning Stone Lithography and on through with my plans work in progress shots for a new series of etchings based on constellations and the zodiac signs.  I'll be taking whatever prints and odd pieces I have left in my drawer here at home down to the gallery at BPW to try and get something for them, rather than let them waste away in my studio, and others will soon appear in the etsy shop link to the top right of this page (how very exciting!).

Now for a visual catchup of some of the kind things I've been drawing (and making!) in the last couple of months!













-Sam

Sam Cuddy Artist

Alumni of Aberystwyth and Teesside Univeristies, now fulltime member of the Belfast Printworkshop. One day hopes to travel around Japan!

No comments:

Post a Comment