Wednesday 14 March 2012

A quick update with what I've been doing


The Tower IX- 3rd proof
The tower plate is coming along, slowly but I'm definitely making some kind of progress with it. Tutor would rather I avoid aquatinting all together. So that means I have a lot more linework to be doing. Oh well.
The Hermit - Time
A quick drypoint a did a few nights ago. I've not done aluminium drypoint in a year and a half at least. So this was just me trying to remember what worked and what doesn't. I quite like how the lines come up so chunky and almost smoky.  I plan to do a bunch more of these, if not for the exhibition , just for the experience.

Finally heres a few pages from my sketchbook recently. I had a bit of a regression to looking at Avatar: the last airbender concepts and stills, so these few pages are mostly martial arts poses.




-Alt
Sam Cuddy Artist

Alumni of Aberystwyth and Teesside Univeristies, now fulltime member of the Belfast Printworkshop. One day hopes to travel around Japan!

3 comments:

  1. Hi! You're work's looking really cool, I especially like the drypoint! Also, hooray for Avatar TLA! I love that show:D xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh god what a grammatical error, i'm ashamed...

      Delete
    2. You're sins are forgiven. xD

      Delete